Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the formal recognition that your current knowledge and skills meet the requirements of a given unit of competency, for example CPPREP4102 Market property. It does not matter how you achieved your current level of knowledge and competence – formal training, on-the-job training, self study, work experience, life experience. What does matter is that you are able to provide evidence that your knowledge and competence meet the requirements of a particular unit of competency ('competency standard'). When you have provided this evidence and it has been accepted as proving your knowledge and skill in a particular area, you will be given credit for a specific competency without having to engage in further study.
The NSW Real Estate Training College has a one off charge of $145.00 to assess an RPL application. This fee is credited towards any training undertaken with our College.
Evidence of your experience can be provided by submitting the following:
- Current Certificate of Registration
- Letter of employment from your current employer or appropriate references
- Copies of the following documents:
- Appraisal report - this can be a letter advising a vendor of your appraisal results
- Listing report – this can be listing documentation completed by you
- Selling report – this can be letters of offers made, letters advising of exchange and completion to settlement
- Marketing examples – this can be copies of internet, print, letterbox drop marketing etc
- Any academic transcripts you may have.